When you feel like giving up, there IS a recipe to get back on track. Below, I’ve outlined them for you. Have you ever felt like just giving up?
You feel like no matter what you do, you just aren’t making the strides that you want and you’re ready to throw in the towel. You ‘re hitting your head against the wall with trying to build your business or you just want to feel happy in your romantic relationships but no matter what you do, you can’t seem to have the life you want with that person.
Whether you’re hitting it hard at the gym, or chipping away at another project, you’re tired. You feel beaten down and exasperated. You just can’t seem to find the answers you’re looking for and you’re ready to quit!
I’ve been there. I know exactly what you’re going through. In this article, I’ll share what you need to do to keep moving forward because deep down, there’s a part of you that really doesn’t want to give up.
When you feel like giving up you become more overwhelmed and don’t know where to turn.
You want that result that was promised to you if you only just worked for it. Wealth, the thriving business, the beautiful loving marriage or the healthy fit body of your dreams were all things you finally began to believe you could have. Now, after all this time, you aren’t sure what to do.
Everything begins with your desire, but happens to us all is we become overwhelmed and lose sight of it. It could be through our lack of support, a lack of knowledge, or resources. It could even be the people in our life who may be in resistance to our goals.
Unfortunately, this causes us to lose our clarity and momentum. Worst of all, we can get burned out and lack the passion for what we once loved and nurtured. Now let’s take a look at my strategy to help you move forward when you feel like giving up!
Step One – You need to get in touch with your feelings. Is it boredom? Are you just feeling burned out because you aren’t getting the results you expected? Perhaps it’s because you can’t find the answer to a problem that has been going on too long. What is it?
Step Two – Walk away. I can’t stress this enough. Getting centered again is difficult when you’re still looking at the struggle. As long as it still looks like struggle to you, you can’t reframe the situation. You see? It’s simply time to step away. You need to regroup!
Step Three – Get some clarity. Go back to basics and ask yourself what you want. Remember, everything starts with your desire. If you want results in your business, ask yourself if you need more knowledge. Ask yourself, what has to happen in order for you to have a breakthrough in what you are trying to achieve. Do you need a different plan? Do you need to reach out for a mentor, a teacher, or a coach? This is why it is SO important to have a mission or vision statement. Times like this where we need to revisit our goals, we need to have a process in place ALREADY for these difficult times.
Step Four – Find your WHY or your PASSION again. Again, do you have a vision or mission statement? Do you know WHY you are working so hard on this adventure? We all get tired and burned out at some point in our lives. This is the phase of your life that you’re in, and you can get through it if you remember your purpose. Let’s fall in love again with your WHY. Write it down this time and put a tag in your journal so you can come back to it when you get here again, because you will! You need to have this written down in your own handwriting. Studies show that it’s your own handwriting that penetrates your own subconscious the most. Know your WHY and revisit it often.
When you feel like giving up: 9 Ways to pick yourself up.
Sometimes we feel like giving up because we have experienced some kind of failure.
Failure is a stepping-stone on your way to success. Of course, this doesn’t mean that it’s easy to deal with. However, how you deal with failure will determine not only your future success, but also how easy it will be to achieve.
Here are some tips on how to pick yourself up after you fail:
- Learn from your failure. You can choose to see a lesson each time you fail. Discover what this lesson is and keep it in mind during future attempts at success. If you don’t learn from your failure, you’ll keep repeating the same mistakes.
- Forge ahead. When you’re first faced with failure, wanting to give up is normal. The most important part of failure is what you do afterwards. So strive to have confidence in yourself. This experience may very well be your last step before you reach great success!
- Set goals. Break big goals down into little ones. Set small, immediate goals that are on the way to your bigger picture. If you build your way up to completing a difficult task using small steps, it won’t feel so overwhelming.
- Visualize your dreams. Fight the negative thoughts that creep up after failure by visualizing yourself meeting your goal. Take the time to picture yourself successfully going through each step it will take to reach your goal.
- Write it down. Keep a journal that details your personal thoughts, goals, and attempts. It will help you stay organized and focused on success. Another good exercise is to write your goal on a piece of paper and place it somewhere where you can see it several times each day to remind yourself to take action toward this desire.
Having situations that affect your peace of mind can be challenging. You may often feel like you have a lot more than you can handle. Yet still, you find a way to keep going.
Take time to realize how much you’ve grown. Now it’s time to put a plan into action and begin moving forward. There’s a part of you that want’s to keep moving forward, so when you feel like giving up next time and yes, there will be a next time, you’ll have a solid plan to get yourself moving again.
Being in over your head is a perfect opportunity to be creative with your plan. Once you step back and regain clarity as well as identify the best approach, you can expect to handle situations more confidently.
Pssst, hey! Yes, you, #bossbabe! I have a group full of other go-getter girls like you who want to elevate their business and realize that their mind is at the core of it all. Come on over and join my Facebook group to connect with us!