Habits of successful people are ones they’ve specifically chosen to get them where they are. All of these habits combined create a winning recipe for success that can be repeated by anyone.
When you think about your own level of success, you’re reminded that you’re highly successful in one or two particular areas. Others are perhaps mediocre, or you may even be falling flat on your face in another.
This isn’t unusual at all. I’ve had wealthy clients that seemed to have it all, yet were still miserable because another area of their life that mattered to them was suffering.
I remember a time in my own life where I wasn’t successful in any one single area! On the outside, I was a cute girl, at the very least. Beyond that, however, I felt like a sad excuse for a human. There wasn’t one thing in my life that was working!
- I was overweight.
- My job wasn’t enjoyable to me at all.
- I was totally BROKE!
- Most of the friends I had were real losers and not going ANYWHERE in life!
- I had zero self confidence.
- There was no inspiration, motivation or positive people/books.
- I didn’t care about improving my body or my mind.
I Discovered The Habits Of Successful People
My burning desire to change my life drove me to seek out every book on self-improvement and goal setting I possibly could from a very young age. When I finally discovered the habits of successful people, I found that I was doing everything all wrong!
No one taught me. When I learned everything for the first time, it made so much sense to me. These things should be taught in school, I thought.
Does it seem like success is eluding you? Take it from me, success is what you make of it but only if you are willing to do the inner work. Profound words I know but don’t dismiss it. I rose from homeless and destitution to a strong, fit, confident successful business owner who is happy and thriving!
Let’s identify what’s not working in your life. You know what it is. How sick of it are you? Surprisingly, so many people wake up everyday accepting their life as if it cannot change. You can drastically change your life rather than settling for a living a life that doesn’t make you happy and successful.
I always had a knack for business. It was the one concept that came easiest to me well, besides fitness and health that is. Things got more difficult after some changes were made in some internet marketing concepts which changed the landscape of how I ran my businesses. Over time, I became discouraged and frustrated. I invested in so many strategies and really struggled for a lot of years!
I had to do the same analysis that I am suggesting for you. When something isn’t working, you need to get complete control by defining it and changing it before you fall into some bad habits and it begins to run your life. This is step one in discovering the secret habits of successful people.
Have you stopped to think about why it is something isn’t working in your life? Have you REALLY, honestly gone inward to think about it?
Start your analysis by looking within. Reflect honestly on your life – your behaviors, habits and attitudes – to determine if there might be some things you may be able to do differently to achieve different results. There’s a strong likelihood that there’s some tweaking you can do in your quest to achieve success.
Habits Of Successful People: Are You Doing The Opposite? Now what?
If you’re like I was, you might have created habits that are the very opposite of what successful people do.
Assess yourself. Think about whether or not you’re guilty of any of the following habits. You’ll likely be very surprised to realize that you are! It’s common knowledge that the best way to get rid of an unhealthy habit is to replace it. You can’t un-learn your bad habits until you learn the habits of successful people first!
Let’s look at some habits that are getting in your way. If you want to know what successful people do, take a look at the following habits and turn them around.
- Self-doubt. By far, lacking self-confidence is the most damaging habit when it comes creating abundance and success in your life. Self-doubt is a mindset technique that many people don’t give enough credit to. Having self-doubt in what you are doing is the worse thing you can have if you want to achieve anything. So instead of doubting yourself, affirm that you can do it:
Here is a reflection for you to recite when you have self-doubt.
“Even if I take a wrong turn, I can find another route to success.
If I steer my vessel in the wrong direction, I can find a map and chart out a new course. Stopping is not an option. I will find my way as long as I keep my eyes on the prize.
Success is a journey, not a destination. That is why I strive to make each step count. A positive attitude helps me move forward and, even when I am unsure of where I am, I am not lost. Instead, I choose to become a trailblazer. The generation coming behind me will have access to another route thanks to my resolve to stay the course and forge a new path.”
- Stop procrastinating. Putting off getting tasks done will likely result in a less than favorable result. When opportunity knocks, answer the door! Instead of waiting until later, try the following tips:
- Prioritize your tasks.
- Aim to complete tasks within the time you’ve allotted for them.
- Jump at every opportunity you get to complete a task.
- Set daily goals. You’ve probably gone through phases when you said something like, “I want to read more books,” “I have to exercise more often,” or “I need to stay in more consistent contact with my family members.” And maybe you did a pretty good job of working toward your goal for a short period of time.However, eventually, you might have let your goal “slide” a bit as you reverted back to your same old routine. And before you knew it, you found yourself wishing that you had put more effort into that goal.Why weren’t you able to achieve those goals? In all likelihood, you shifted your focus to something else you wanted.
- Lost focus. Do you struggle to design and carry out a vision for your life? Do you find yourself living day to day without a plan and feeling like you’ve lost your focus?
- Set goals now. Make a new list of your current goals and wishes for the future.
- Check off each smaller goal you accomplish as you work toward the larger, overall goal. It will feel great when you do.Maybe you want a promotion at work. What has to happen in order for it to occur? Create the mini-goals necessary to help you meet your main goal of getting that promotion. Leave nothing out. For example, if you need to complete two college classes, include those as goals.
Do any of the above habits sound familiar to you in your own life? If it does, then you need to decide what you’re going to do about it. I’d finally had enough of settling. I was sick of a mediocre life… I wanted more! How about you?
It all starts in the mind! There’s nothing that can get in the way of you being a success story! All you need to do is adopt an attitude for success. Start with throwing away any negative habits that hinder your journey to success.
Developing your life vision will take time, reflection, and work, but the rewards will be great. Your life will be filled with passion and optimism once you develop your vision.