When you want to get the most out of life coaching, you'll need to know a few things about yourself and about the coaching process.
Life coaching is a growing in popularity at the speed of light. Now with many years with people coming away from life coaching experiences, we now realize it has a multitude of advantages far more than what people expected.
For some, it is a way to overcome challenges quickly and efficiently. Others use it as a tool to build new habits and replace old, detrimental ones. Regardless of the reason, life coaching is a powerful tool that can drastically improve your quality of life. In this blog post, we're going to cover some of the most effective ways you can get the most out of life coaching.
Now that we're living in the digital age, working with a life coach is even easier because you can have your session from your phone or your computer. An online life coach is great for those who need help in all sorts of areas. You can hire a career coach, transition coach, personal coach, or a small business coach.
Getting The Most Out Of Life Coaching
Looking to find a life coach online can be a bit daunting only because there are many choices and they all look so good. To find a coach that fits you and your needs, you'll have to do a little research.
A little secret to getting the most out of your life coach experience is not always choosing the most qualified, rather it's important to do have the free consultation and get the vibe of the coach. Your goal is to see if you both really like each other. You see, your life coach or business coach or whatever type of coach you'll be working with, will likely be a friend or mentor.
Here's a little hack to choosing the right coach. Ask yourself if you feel comfortable being vulnerable. Ask yourself if they are a good listener and offer good advice. It's definitely true that you want your coach to be experienced and have helped others with your same challenge but when you want to get the most out of coaching and the whole experience, it's about how comfortable you are with them.
Tips To Help You To Get The Most Out Of The Coaching Session
Now that you are moving in the direction of possibly hiring a life coach, I want to offer a few tips so you can have amazing coaching sessions and really get a lot out of it because after all, you're investing your own money into getting results.
- Always examine if you are being challenged. It's not at all unlikely that your coach will give you homework so this is a good clue that you will be challenged to work on specific areas of your life deeply.
- Always be honest about setting goals with your life coach. It happens sometimes when a coaching client doesn't reveal goals for fear of being judged. This is not going to help you get the most out of your life coaching sessions.
- Always be willing to do the inner work that your life coach suggests. Sometimes life coaches use coaching techniques such as mirror work which really IS helpful but absolutely feels weird at least when you're doing it in the beginning. Don't challenge your life coach with techniques. Don't go inward in your mind and think, "oh, that's silly, I'm not going to do that". To really get your bang for your buck AND get amazing results, commit to doing ALL of the work!
Now here are a few questions to ask yourself to go deep.
- Am I willing to do the work to change my life?
- Am I willing to be uncomfortable with doing the inner work?
- Am I willing to set goals and be kept accountable?
Now that you've looked into some important aspects of working with a life coach, let's discuss what life coaching is.
Life coaching is a personal and professional support system for those who want to make a change in their life. It helps them find their individualized path of success and fulfillment.
Life coaching helps people develop more meaningful relationships with themselves and others, which leads to an improved quality of life.
Life coaches can help people put into perspective the events that happen in daily life and identify positive changes that need to be made. They can also help individuals break through plateaus they experience on their journey towards success.
How Life Coaching helps with 4 Amazing Practical Use Cases
Life coaching is one of the most popular types of therapy these days. It is not only beneficial for individuals but also for organizations and companies, which can see increased productivity, lower turnover rates, and better morale.
4 Use Cases:
- Cognitive Limitations: Life coaching can reduce stress in individuals with mental health problems like Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
- Emotional Trauma: Life coaches can help people overcome emotional trauma like anxiety or depression.
- Mental Health Traits: people who struggle with mental health issues like schizophrenia or bipolar disorder often find it difficult to engage in social situations. Life coaches can help their clients learn how to interact with others on a more positive level.
- Social Skills Development: life coaches are trained to teach skills such as communication skills and leadership skills.
Effective Sessions To Get The Most Out Of Your Life Coaching
Having a life coaching session is 100% helpful for people. However, it's not always easy for the person receiving the coaching to let go of their problems. People usually struggle because they're not sure if their problems are too big or too small to share with a coach. They feel vulnerable and worry about the coach judging them.
This is why it's important for a coach to create a safe environment and help clients understand that they don't have to take on all of their issues at once. It might be helpful from time to time to break down different issues into smaller steps in order to make the process more manageable. It's critical for you to open up and be honest about your thoughts and feelings when working with a life coach, you won't get the transformation you want if you aren't willing to open up.
Asking open-ended questions is also one way that coaches can help clients focus on what's going well in their lives and what they're happy about instead of focusing on what could go better or how much money they don't have
One of the most important things a coach can do for a client is to create a productive relationship. This is why it's essential for both parties to have an open conversation about the goals and expectations.
- Finding a great life coach: The first step in finding a life coach is reaching out to those that you trust and asking them if they know of any coaches that might be right for your needs. A referral is the way to go if you can.
- To find a life coach online, you can search for the phrase: find a life coach then add your area like: Denver life coach. Just a reminder, even though the life coaches you're looking at are promoting their businesses locally, they are always able to meet you virtually in an online life coach session on your phone or PC.
- Setting up an online session: The next step in setting up an online session is understanding what effective coaching looks like using concrete examples from past sessions. You'll want to tell the life coach about your struggle and an ideal resolution. This way the life coach can see how far apart you may be from reaching your goals and better able to tell you the prescription for the inner work needed as well as the time frame needed to accomplish the personal goals.
As your online life coach, I'm always here writing about self improvement, mindset, and even helping the entrepreneurs out there grow their businesses. Here at Fearless Pursuits, it's all about going after all aspects of life with courage to transform and be your best version.
Sharon Lee - Your Online Life Coach
Are you ready for your FREE Discovery Call?
About The Author: Sharon Lee
Career | Wellness | Business | Relationship
It's my life’s purpose to help you identify, clarify and realize your dreams. To help you create new goals and dreams and keep you accountable in the process.
The great thing about Life Coaching is it’s all about collaboration. I show up and meet you right where you are in life providing you with the tools and support. My clients say it's life changing and I'm honored to share in the journey with you.
Come open yourself up to the possibilities.
My dream is to show you how you can have it ALL - a thriving life and business built on your soul-aligned purpose, designed around your LIFE instead of the other way around, leaving you with time and money for everything that matters to you.