How To Be Bold And Confident To Do ANYTHING You Want
Want to learn the strategies on how to be bold and confident? Get ready for the ultimate guide! In this article, you'll have step-by-step instructions, including a few videos to help you reach your goals.
I remember when I was shy and passive, I wanted so badly to learn how to be bold and confident but I wasn't sure that I could even apply the techniques. My confidence level was so low because my self-esteem had taken a major blow from childhood having been abused, then homeless.
I was just sure that I couldn't do what confident people do.
I was wrong. I know now that ANYONE can learn how to be bold and confident. In this article, I'll be giving you 4 powerful, actionable steps to build bulletproof confidence. Low self-esteem doesn't have to last forever! To get you started here's a very powerful video that you can watch.
The MOST POWERFUL Methods To Build Confidence To Do ANYTHING!
A lot of people want to learn how to be bold and courageous at work to ask for a raise or a better position. They want to be bold and confident in relationships too to ask for what they want, so if you want to be bold and UNSTOPPABLE, you'll need to know some basic steps and some tried and true techniques and strategies that create results for people every day.
Let's start with some simple strategies that WORK for creating more confidence!
- One simple strategy is to pretend that you're already bold and confident. Our identity has been proven in studies to give us either negative or positive results. If you've practiced being shy or have a negative conversation in your head circling and ruminating over and over again, you'll never BE the confident person that you prefer to be.
- Another simple technique is to use NLP or Neuro-Linguistic Programming. This technique really taps into your subconscious mind and can create deep healing!
- Using EFT or Emotional Freedom Technique goes deep and can create healing for those people who struggle with their confidence level due to specific traumas that may have happened at one point in life.
You may already realize that to be bold and confident, you'll likely need to practice different strategies and concepts to push yourself out of your comfort zone.
Understanding and agreeing that being shy or passive will never get you that life you really want.
Staying stuck in a version of ourselves that doesn't serve our highest self, will ultimately leave you feeling unfulfilled in life so let's change that now and break down the secret sauce so you can learn how to be more bold and confident in life.
What I want to do in this life coaching blog article is to help give you the tools you need to self-coach and sort of DIY your self-improvement.
Let’s dive in!
Step #1 To be bold and confident is to accept yourself.
Acceptance is the first step to gaining confidence. You have to give yourself grace for the habits you’ve adopted in reaction to your life. It is what it is. By acknowledging that it exists, and accepting that you can be better, you can finally start freeing yourself from it.
Things that you can’t change are a core part of who you are. They’ll present a challenge for you in your entire life, but that doesn’t have to limit your potential. I’ll give you an example.
My oldest daughter has been plagued with being a slowpoke her whole life. Not at all in the area of intellect, but in how long it took her to do most things. This included getting ready for the day, doing chores, and doing school. Not only would she procrastinate and dilly-dally, but she’d be such a perfectionist with everything that the actual task itself would take forever!
When she was a young child, I could see how much it bothered her. Logically, she knew that getting her tasks done faster would give her more time to play. She just didn’t know how to stop!
To fix this problem, I taught her what I want to teach you today: Use tools. You’re free to live with your quirks and idiosyncrasies as long as you put tools and systems into place so that it doesn’t hold you back – or worse, affect other people.
For her problem, I told her to use timers for everything. At first, she seemed offended. “You mean, everything everything?” I seemed to be implying she couldn’t do anything without a crutch. While I wish I could have reassured her that wasn’t true, it is! And that’s something we all have to accept for ourselves.
Even if you have two strong legs and a healthy body, you have your shortcomings. Like anyone born with a visible disability… You have to find a crutch. They’ve accepted theirs, and now you have to accept yours without shame. There is far less shame in having that inner strength than allowing it to ruin the rest of your life and bother other people.
#2: Start taking some action!
One of the surest ways to be bold and confident is to start actively pursuing a goal. You may have noticed that the joy you’ve felt from achieving past goals was fleeting. This doesn’t mean that there is no point in growth – it means that you’ve proven yourself that you can, and the novelty only wore off because you didn’t keep it up!
“To improve is to change, so to be perfect is to change often.” -Winston Churchill
Humans are creatures with boundless potential. By nature, we crave growth as one of our basic human needs. Without growth, there are few other ways to fulfill our need for variety and significance. If you can’t be proud of who you are even when nobody else is watching, you will never truly be fulfilled.
Feeling lost with where to start? Check out this article on effective goal setting: How to Make Goals That Work: Why You’re Not Achieving Your Dreams
#3: Part of being bold and confident is owning your success.
There are so many of us who are too worried about sounding narcissistic when we own our successes. If you want to be bold and confident, there is no shame in tooting your own horn now and then, and it doesn’t have to sound arrogant.
All you have to do is say it with the right attitude. When you’re about to say something you’re proud of, take this into account:
- Don’t begin with negativity. Starting off with things like, “I hate to brag, but…” subconsciously implies you’re bragging to everyone in the room, including you. Instead, begin with positivity. “I’m happy to share this news with you!” or even “I worked so hard on this. I’m happy to see it paying off.”
- It’s not bragging if you give credit where it’s due. Was there someone else who supported you? Thank them for the part they played.
- Do it WITHOUT any intention of either making other people feel worse, and WITHOUT the expectation that they will acknowledge it.
Remembering your successes regularly is critical to feeling confident in your ability. It’s too easy to forget when we’re all wrapped up in life.
#4: To be bold and confident, monitor your self-talk.
Do you speak more kindly to others than to yourself? Negative self-talk is a common problem, and it often comes from negative beliefs. We constantly beat ourselves up for not being ‘enough’ of something.
Any time you catch yourself saying you’re not enough of something, ask yourself this one powerful question.
If I could stand outside of myself right now, and see someone telling me what I just said to myself… Wouldn’t that make me angry?
It’s likely that doesn’t feel so great to think about. You’d even want to call that person a bully, or something worse. If that isn’t bad enough, imagine someone saying what you said to yourself… but to a best friend. Suddenly, that stings a lot worse, doesn’t it? Why the double standard?
Learn to keep close watch on what you say to yourself. Keep away from anything you would not feel comfortable saying to your best friend. Because, let’s face it – you’re the one friend you’ll have for the rest of your life.
#5: Go ahead and fake it!
Many studies have been published on the effects of “faking it until you make it”. Here’s one on the link between bad posture and bad feelings. Faking a smile might feel like too much, but changing your posture is a quick and easy change to make.
Remember when I touched on using tools and systems in the beginning of this article? There’s a tool for this, too. Set reminders on your phone every couple of hours that remind you to stand or sit up straight. There’s nothing to be embarrassed by if you’re the only one who knows what that reminder is for.
Activities For Courage: Cultivating Courage With Activities to Ignite Your Boldness
Are you ready to supercharge your boldness and unleash your inner warrior? Building courage is like flexing a muscle – it gets stronger with practice. Let's dive into some courage activities that will help you step out of your comfort zone and embrace the fearless, adventurous you.
1. Fear-Defying Challenges: Challenge yourself to face a fear head-on. Whether it's public speaking, conquering heights, or striking up a conversation with a stranger, confronting your fears can be incredibly liberating. Start with small challenges and gradually work your way up to bigger ones. Remember, it's about progress, not perfection.
2. Courage Journaling: Dedicate a journal to your courage journey. Write down moments when you pushed past fear and stepped into boldness. Reflect on what motivated you and how it felt. On tougher days, your courage journal can serve as a source of inspiration and a reminder of your inner strength.
3. Role-Playing: Embrace the power of role-playing to boost your confidence and courage. Imagine yourself as a fearless character, whether it's a superhero, a confident leader, or your personal role model. Act as if you are that person, taking on their characteristics and behaviors. This playful exercise can help you tap into your inner boldness.
4. Volunteering: Engaging in volunteer work or community service can be a transformative courage activity. It challenges you to step outside your comfort zone while making a positive impact on others. It's a win-win that not only boosts your courage but also enhances your sense of purpose.
5. The "Yes" Challenge: Make a commitment to say "yes" to opportunities and experiences that you would typically shy away from. Whether it's an invitation to a social event, a new project at work, or a spontaneous adventure, embracing the power of "yes" can lead to exciting personal growth and expanded horizons.
6. Fear-Setting: Inspired by Tim Ferriss, fear-setting is like goal-setting for your fears. Identify a fear that's been holding you back, and create a list of the worst-case scenarios if that fear came true. Then, devise a plan for how you would mitigate those scenarios. By breaking down your fear into manageable pieces, it becomes less daunting, making it easier to take courageous action.
7. Seek Feedback: Sometimes, we need an outside perspective to grow in courage. Ask friends, family, or mentors for feedback on areas where they believe you could be bolder. Constructive feedback can provide valuable insights and motivation for personal growth.
Remember, building courage is an ongoing process. The more you engage in these courage activities, the more resilient and fearless you'll become. So, go ahead, step into the arena of boldness, and watch as your life transforms into an epic adventure of courage and empowerment. How to be bold? These activities will show you the way.
To your success,
Coach Sharon Lee
Why do I struggle with confidence and courage?
What are some strategies for boosting self-belief?
How can I overcome the fear of taking risks?
How can I maintain courage and confidence during setbacks?
Are you ready for your FREE Discovery Call?
About The Author: Sharon Lee
Career | Wellness | Business | Relationship
It's my life’s purpose to help you identify, clarify and realize your dreams. To help you create new goals and dreams and keep you accountable in the process.
The great thing about Life Coaching is it’s all about collaboration. I show up and meet you right where you are in life providing you with the tools and support. My clients say it's life changing and I'm honored to share in the journey with you.
Come open yourself up to the possibilities.
My dream is to show you how you can have it ALL - a thriving life and business built on your soul-aligned purpose, designed around your LIFE instead of the other way around, leaving you with time and money for everything that matters to you.